A Current Snapshot of Mobile Apps [Infographic]
In 2010 more than 5 billion apps were downloaded and in 2013 more than 21 billion apps will be downloaded. ShoutEm summarized this with an infographic about the current state of Mobile Apps.
Key facts from the infographic illustrated:
- The average smartphone user spends 667 minutes a month using apps, iPhone and Android owners use an average of 15 apps while Blackberry use an average of 8 apps.
- Currently the top smartphone platforms are Google (31.2%), RIM (30.14%), and Apple (24.7%).
- The current top mobile phones are Samsung (24.9%), Motorola (20.8%), and LG (16.5%).
- In the U.S. the top mobile app categories are Social Networking, Maps, Classifieds and Online Retail. The highest rated apps across all leading mobile app platforms are Angry Birds (iOS), Google Maps (Android), and AlphaJax (GetJar).
- Lastly, the top three projected mobile app categories for 2012 will be Money Transfer, Location-Based Services, and Mobile Search.